We get it, shaving can be a huge drag, and it usually comes with stubbles and ingrown hairs. Laser hair removal is a great option because it’s effective, saves time, and it’s a great investment in yourself! Laser hair removal can only be done by a certified technician, so it is important to do research to ensure the person performing the procedure is licensed to do so.
Laser hair removal works by targeting the roots of the hair follicles. This is usually done over several sessions over a few months depending on your skin tone and hair color. Each session is fairly quick with little to no pain depending on pain tolerance. As you progress through the treatments, you will notice your hairs growing back lighter, and slower, and you should notice that by the time the treatment is finished you will have little to no hair left. It is good practice to come back annually for a touch-up in case any hairs come back.
There are many pros to getting laser hair removal, besides the hair removal aspect. Here’s a list of reasons why we recommend it:
- No ingrown hairs – if you’re susceptible to ingrown hairs that aggravate your skin and causes cysts and hyperpigmentation, laser hair removal works to remove the follicle right from the root.
- Softer skin -You can say goodbye to those bumps and irritations from waxing, tweezing and epilating
- Hygiene – it is much easier to maintain hygiene when you are hair free, and can help reduce any irritation caused by cystic acne that forms from your hair follicles
- Hair management – Excessive body or facial hair can be hard to manage and maintain. Laser hair removal can be used to thin out your hair, instead of removing it entirely
- Cost effective – no more paying for waxing, razors, and other hair removal products. While it may be more costly up front, it will save you time and money in the long run!
Call or email us today to find out more about whether laser hair removal is the process for you! We offer free consultations to determine if it is right for you.