Facial veins are very tiny blood vessels that are called capillaries. When they become damaged, these capillaries appear as red, blue, or purple lines. These capillaries or the Facial veins usually occur on the chin, nose, and cheeks. Typically, the facial veins don’t cause any kind of pain or discomfort, but many people tend to feel self-conscious as these facial veins become visible to people. These facial veins can be treated with the use of state-of-the-art treatments which can help you overcome the damage and rejuvenate your skin.
When the tiny blood vessels or capillaries dilate or enlarge, they bulge under the skin due to the extra blood pressure in these capillaries. Because these capillaries are so close to the skin, the changes in these capillaries are easily noticeable. Facial Veins are related to one’s age. As one grows old, these capillaries tend to weaken and become more likely to enlarge or dilate when internal or external factors are damaged. The Facial Veins become more visible with age because the skin becomes thin, hence making these damaged, dilated, or enlarged veins more visible.
What causes Facial Veins?
– The primary reason for facial veins to happen is age. As mentioned, when the skin becomes thin, the visibility of the facial veins becomes more prominent.
– Sun Damage: Sun Damage is one of the most common causes of facial veins. Staying in the sun can lead to sunburns which can enlarge and dilate your capillaries. Also, staying in the sun can damage the top layer of your skin, which can peel off, making the facial veins visible.
– Extreme Pressure: Extreme pressure on your face can lead to facial veins. Extreme pressure from popping a pimple, vomiting, or even vigorous washing can lead to facial veins.
– Drinking Alcohol: Drinking Alcohol can give you temporary facial veins as consuming Alcohol dilates your blood capillaries.
– Genetics: If you have a family member who has facial veins, then there is a very high probability that you may also get facial veins.
– Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions lead to people having facial veins. Medical conditions like liver disease, lupus, and rosacea can increase the risk of one developing facial vein.
– High Estrogen Levels: During pregnancy, when there is a high level of estrogen in a female’s body can also lead to one having facial veins. The extra blood volume during the months of pregnancy can cause extra pressure in the blood capillaries, which can lead them to dilate.
Once facial veins become visible due to damage or other susceptible reasons, they can only be treated using professional vein treatment.
1- Intense Pulsed Light Therapy:
Intense pulsed light therapy helps treat a larger area as it scatters the light across a larger target area. The light from this pulsed light therapy penetrates the second layer of the skin to destroy the damaged blood capillaries without affecting the top layer of the skin. The process of treatment is gentler than a laser therapy session.
2- Laser Therapy:
If the facial veins are severe, then they may require intense treatment through laser therapy. Laser therapy focuses an intense beam of light on the affected vein or capillary. The objective is to irritate the outer wall of the vein, which is damaged, causing the vein to collapse. Once the vein or the capillary has collapsed, the body and its cleansing system automatically remove the damaged vein from the body. Laser therapy delivers a more intense and dramatic result when compared to the IPL treatment. The downside is that the recovery period in laser therapy is more than in the IPL treatment.
Facial Veins can have multiple reasons, but they can be cured without using any invasive techniques like IPL treatment and laser therapy.